DEVON WERKS solutions specialise in Field Engineering, and offer technical advice as well as environmental and on-site measurements and reports. This service is useful to the client who wishes to have objective records of measurement of various parameters at existing locations or new sites, or to verify or conduct testing and commissioning, without investing in expensive measuring devices for the ad-hoc sampling work.
Some of the environmental and on-site parameters that we can measure and record are:
- Acoustic insulation performance and noise pollution levels
Window seal performance and noise infiltration from traffic, construction etc. which may affect human performance.
- Sound level measurement from specific equipment in operation
Abnormal sound or noise emanating from equipment which may be interfering with day-to-day activities such as work and school environments, or levels which may be detrimental to hearing.
- Illumination and lux level of street lamps and other light sources
Measurement and record of lux levels to determine if indoor and outdoor illumination is sufficient for intended purpose.
- Distances and building dimensions
Taking and verification of site measurements and building dimensions which may be too tedious under general circumstances.
- Non-contact temperature of surfaces
Measurement and record of temperature of equipment surfaces, items beyond reach, or surfaces too hot to handle and touch.
- Temperature and relative humidity of a particular site over time
Monitoring and record of temperature and other air quality parameters over a period of time.
- Temperature and relative humidity at operating theatres and other premises
Monitoring and data-logging of critical air-conditioning performance for the control of indoor air quality at healthcare premises.
- Bacteria Count at Operating Theatres and Critical Areas
Agar-petri dish procedure for sampling taken at site and sent to accredited laboratory for test results and colony-forming unit (CFU) count.
- Identification of LAN network points and cable distance measurement
Identification of network cable route and distance measurement for RJ-11, RJ-45, USB and BNC cables.
- Testing of equipment performance with respect to established parameters and specifications
Measurement of wind speeds, air delivery, temperature, humidity and other parameters of equipment in operation.
- pH level, total dissolved solids and other water quality parameters of water bodies
Measurement and analysis of outdoor water quality levels and other parameters of artificial and natural ponds and lakes.